of 1940 Until 1951
Ronald and Anthony Flach, twin sons of Gabriel,
joined the company in 1940. They both worked in the warehouse and
office before being called up for service with the Royal Navy. At
the same time, Paul Flach was called up for service with the Pinner
On the night of 11th January, 1941, the warehouse
at Upper East Smithfield was damaged by enemy action and gutted
by fire. Alternative arrangements were sought and a lease was taken
out at 140 Falkland Road, Harringay, London. later that year the
offices were also relocated from Mark Lane to the new site in Harringay.
Drying and Rubbing plants were installed and both Culinary and Medicinal
Herbs were dried and processed. County Herb Committees organised
the collection of wild plants such as Nettle, Rose and Dandelion.
Small growers planted Sage, Thyme, Marjoram, Mint and Parsley.
In 1945, after being demobbed, Ronald and Anthony
rejoined the company.
Paul Flach was later appointed to the Board